Monday, June 04, 2007

My (temporary) Apartment in Mumbai





Here are some pictures of my temporary apartment. I will be staying here until mid July when I will be moving out of the city. We are kind of being spoiled with this place. We have hot water, air conditioning, water purification and even a washing machine! All of these are luxuries here that we will not have (most likely) after mid-July. I guess you can say that we are easing into the Indian way of living (at least for the majority of Indians).
So all is well for me. I am enjoying the few more days that I have the appartment to myself before Marcy & Danielle arrive on Friday. It will be nice to have them... but I admit, I will miss my alone time and having the whole place to myself. I have found that I rather enjoy living alone. Especially in India... where it is so difficult to get alone anywhere.
Language lessons are going well. I have had two of them now. My teacher is in her twenties and she teaches middle school aged children. She is very sweet. We have been working on conjugating verbs... a challenge but I am making progress. :) I would most appreciate you prys regarding my language learning. I wish I could just snap my fingers and I would be fluent. It is most difficult and humiliating at times when you mess up and say something really stupid. Still... it must be done if I want to communicate well and value what they value. I can learn Hindi. I can learn Hindi. I CAN learn Hindi! There... I think I'm motivated now. :)

No comments: