Sunday, July 29, 2007

My 29th Birthday!





Just yesterday I celebrated my 29th birthday here in the metropolis of Mumbai! My team took me out to lunch at this buffet at a very nice hotel here in town. It is called the JW Marriot... and it is one of those places where it is just pleasant to sit for a couple of hours. It truely is a wonderful retreat... even just to go for lunch. AND THE FOOD!!! WOW! The food was wonderful! I had some smoked salmon, grilled chicken, mashed potatoes and even a waffle! The dessert was fantastic too!

Then I was off to get a pedicure! One of my teammates gifted me with a voucher for a pedicure at yet another nice hotel in town, The Taj. It too is a get away hotel... but I personally like the JW Marriot better. :) I have never had a pedicure before and I must say they are quite nice! I find it interesting that my first is in India... not a place that some would expect to be able to get a pedicure. If you find a nice hotel... you can get just about anything... if you pay. :)

The rest of the afternoon was spent relaxing... and then I got to go to a worship conference at a nearby church for an evening service. It too was a blessing.

All in all... I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday! I am yet another year older... which for some isn't so enjoyable... but for me... well, I've not hit 30 yet. :) I have some high hopes for this coming year. They all rest on the Lord and they will all be fulfulled in HIM.

4 comments:

~ Amanda ~ said...

your birthday sounds like a great celebration.
i just read your entry about riding the train. thanks for sharing and giving us a glimpse into your life there. i'm thinking about you as you study hindi and learn more about the people there and how to fit in as much as possible. :)
~amanda

Yen said...

Happy (very late) Birthday, my friend. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog and hearing about how this adventure of your life is unfolding.

Love,
Yen

lss said...

Katie, I am trying to use this blog. I loved your description of the train ride. I have started a blog on this site as a learning exercise. Waiting And Looking Up.blogspot.com. Lanore

lss said...

I love pedicures, that is what i use as a gift to myself. Manicures are a waste for me. You know with all the hand washing i do. I enjoy your blog very much. I am also ready Amanda's site. Lss-Lanore