Monday, June 12, 2006

Yosemite National Park

This is Vernal Falls. We hiked up to the top of it and the picture above is the view looking down.
My friend Rachel blessed me with her presence the first weekend of June. She decided to come out for a short visit and we went to Yosemite National Park! We saw lots of amazing things... praised the Lord a ton for his beautiful creation and even stayed overnight in a tent cabin. We saw the huge Sequoia trees, explored several different water falls, got to romp in the snow at 70 degrees and saw some amazing views. It was truely a wonderful two day adventure to Yosemite National Park. These are some pictures of our time there. The top two are of Vernal Falls, then there is the Sequoia trees one of which I am standing on. This was a tree that had been tunneled out back in the 1800's and it toppled not too many years ago as a result of heavy snow accumulation. Sequoia trees drop huge pine cones too! As you can see in one picture. The picture above of the falls is Bridalveil Falls. We got a little wet looking at that one. Notice the rainbow. :) Overall, Rachel and I had a wonderful time!

As for the other happenings in my life... I've begun the process of getting ready to go to Beautiful Feet Boot Camp hosted by Heart of God Ministries. If you haven't heard and would like more info shoot me an email or leave a comment and I'll fill you in. I've got two and half weeks left in Fresno finishing up my internship and I'm flying to Oklahoma City on the 1st of July. I'll be there as long as the finances hold up or until November... whichever comes first. :)

This week, I am excited because I get to go and see my uncle in the Bay area! We're going SAILING!!! I'm really looking forward to it. It's been a while since I've spent some time with my Uncle and so I'm looking forward to catching up with him. I also get to experience travel on the Amtrak train system out here in California. Hopefully all goes well. Well that's the scoup for now... stay in touch and drop a line anytime.

No comments: